Monday, April 25, 2011

Assets to Scale

While reading in 3D World I came across a useful tip I should share. Build your assets to scale. Seems simple right? Wrong. A lot of people in my Level Design class weren't doing that, they weren't even building all their assets to scale with their other assets.  


If you do build everything to scale you can quickly have a whole library of assets ready to use when you need them. Also this helps with making your textures to scale so you don't have giant wood grains on one object and normal sized on the other.

The article also said to build one asset in each file and build them at the origin. That's something I didn't do when building my super tunnel.



Here you can see I have a whole tunnel system ready to build and in any configuration I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment